Located on Oahu’s windward side in quaint Kailua town, lies a community committed to growing and sharing what Hawaiians value. Buying local, such as produce at Kailua’s farmers market, is just the start of some of the real delicacies that grow in our islands unlike anywhere else on the mainland. Join our experience tasting fresh cacao fruit when in season, learn about the bean-to-bar manufacturing process, taste our collection of home grown Hawaiian chocolate led by a sommelier, and enjoy a chocolate tea service. You will come away with a great appreciation for the craft of growing chocolate while supporting Hawaii’s emerging cacao farmers.
- Learn about Hawaii’s unique position as the only US state that can grow cacao commercially due to our tropical climate. Chocolate is made from the seeds of this tropical fruit tree
- Discover the story of our humble beginnings in the labs at the University of Hawaii in 2010 where our friends were studying cacao as a crop for the state
- Support our mission to help island farmers turn their crop into chocolate while sourcing locally to reduce dependences on imports
- A portion of the proceeds of this tour will be donated to travel2change and other nonprofits that support Hawaii’s environment and culture
Know Before You Join
- Not appropriate for children under 12
- Must reserve on this page using the calendar link above, no drop-ins