Hike Wildlife Coast & Cleanup Beach on Kauaiby Kauai Hiking Tours ($)
Disclaimer: This site is following COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawaii State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities.
The wild north-east corner of Kauai is among the few pristine stretches of undeveloped coastline left in Hawaii. Places like this are often at risk of commercial development, however experiencing its natural splendor will give you a sense of what ancient Kauai might have felt like before tourists left their footprints in the sand. Join us, not only for this special experience, but also to be stewards of our precious shoreline along the way.
Our hike hugs the wild coast, taking us over beaches and rocky shorelines for about 3 kilometers (2 miles) before reaching a small hilltop promontory with epic views in all directions. In our path, we will have the opportunity to pick up marine debris, washed ashore from far-flung parts of the world. By taking part in this private tour, you help to keep the beaches clean so it inhabitants survive. Our positive presence is an example to others that the area is best enjoyed in its natural setting.
- Hike a stretch of pristine, undeveloped coastline.
- Chance to see Hawaiian monk seals, green sea turtles, and migratory sea birds albatross, frigate or boobies soaring overhead.
- Hike barefoot in the sand.
- Enjoy the beach and it’s wildlife while supporting it’s natural balance.
- Collect marine debris and rubbish before it pollutes and harms sea life further.
- 20% off discount to visitors who take a second COVID test.
- Frequently using hand sanitizer/washing hands is encouraged.
- Wearing masks while in close proximity is required.
- Social distancing practices will be followed whenever possible.
Know Before You Join
- You must be able to walk on unpaved, uneven terrain, including slippery surfaces, mud, lava rocks and loose beach sand, outdoors and in the elements including inclement weather.
- Cleanup supplies are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own gloves and reusable cloth bag.
- Some proceeds from the price you pay for this tour are donated back to travel2change and other Hawaii charities.
Hike with a purpose
Great hike and you do something meaningful on your way back!