Eco-Tour a Farm & Empower Womenby Pua Mohala Healing & Advocacy and Voyaging Foods
Brought to your by two female-owned businesses, Voyaging Foods and Pua Mohala Healing & Advocacy that are community-based, authentic, culturally-grounded, sustainable, and aspire to provide economic opportunities to members of their communities. The purpose of this tours is to restore balance within oneʻs self by developing a relationship
with the ʻāina of Waialua through all of our senses. We will be experiencing the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of Waialua. An important part of developing a relationship with ʻāina is to get to know the traditional names of the place, including wind, rain, and mountain names. When returning to your own home, we encourage all participants to get to know the traditional place names of your home.
Included in this activity:
- Lei kupe’e making
- Guided regenerative farm tour and mobile flour milling
- Garden lunch family shared family-style
- Plus gluten free snacks and treats highlighting canoe plant flour like ‘ulu and kalo flour
- Discussions and learn something new!
- Part 1: Our Place and Lei
Ground into the ʻāīna of our tour with guided meditation, acknowledging the ahupuaʻa of Waialua and making laʻi lei.
- Part 2: Māla Connection
Walk with us through the farm and learn about local and Hawaiian agriculture, see the process from raw vegetable to finished product… and taste them!
- Part 3: E Pā’ina Kākou
Letʻs share a meal together! Enjoy a sampling of foods sourced straight from @farmtobarn.
Know Before You Book:
- Drive your own transportation, carpool recommended, come with friends!
- Bring you own water receptacle
- Please alert us ahead of time with any food allergies
- No refunds