Join us in Volcanos National Park and help native plants survive by removing invasive, non-native ginger and other plant species in the park, on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Guided hike along the Crater Rim Trail on Hawaii Island
- Learn about the importance of plants in Hawaii
- Help a National Park Thrive
- Habilitate growth in the park and help the ‘aina (land) by cutting invasive Himalayan ginger (Heydechium See an Active Volcano & Remove Invasive Ginger in Volcano national park) on park trails.
Know Before You Join
- All participants are responsible for park entry fees (price & pass options vary).
- Recommend for ages 8 and above and with adult supervision for minors.
- All participants must sign a release of liability waiver onsite
- Ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching
- Able to hike for 1 hour and stay on feet for 4 hours over uneven terrain with 400 foot elevation changes
- Check conditions for Park Closures especially due to Volcanic eruptions
- Note: this activity is located on the Big Island of Hawaii (note the island where Honolulu is)