Hawaii’s sugar cane era traces its very roots to the Island of Kaua’i where some of the oldest mills, farms, plantations and fields were alive with the sweet staple crop. Although this bygone era has largely come to pass, its importance to the foundations of Hawaii are still meaningful today. Unfortunately, few visitors know whats hiding in plain sight. Join us for a journey into the past as we fire up an authentic sugar cane train and ride in the charming little wooden carts that once held Kauai’s bounty. More than just a fun outing, this memorable experience is invaluable as a way to learn and comprehend the impact of sugar as a major influence in Kauai’s history and economy. The scale, smell, sound and use of this equipment fill one’s senses and imagination with awe and inspiration.
• Experience a free ride on an authentic sugar cane train
• Learn about the impact this era had on Kaua’i
• Discover where more trains, structures and other artifacts lie in plain site
Know Before You Join
• Click on calendar date desired, enter info requested, receive full details via email conformation
• Space is limited, first come, first serve, join today