Lomilomi, like all forms of healing, is an unfolding process of many steps. This approach to lomilomi focuses on settling the nervous system and integrating all parts of the body into one. Drawing on lessons of hula and lei making, students weave lomilomi massage techniques into a tailored treatment that addresses body, mind and spirit.
This activity begins and ends at a community based mindful movement Center that has been offering multicultural classes, events and workshops for over 7 years, in the heart of Honolulu’s Kaka’ako neighborhood near Ala Moana and Waikiki.
- The activity is led by kumu hula, Malia Helela, traditionally trained hula instructor, lomilomi practitioner and cultural advisor
- Discover a new perspective through the eyes of a traditional healer and cultural practitioner
- Learn about the historical highlights and evolution of the Hawaiian traditional art of lomilomi
- Make connections between traditional & contemporary healing practices and their relation to overall health and well-being
- Experience a hula & self-care massage techniques
- This walk story begins at a community based mindful movement center that has been offering multicultural classes, events and workshops for over 7 years, in the heart of Kaka’ako
Know before you book
▪ Minimum 5 participants
▪ Suitable for children ages 14 and up
▪ Hands-on techniques encouraged and practiced. Observation-only also possible
▪ some proceeds from the price you pay for this tour are donated back to
travel2change and other Hawaii charities