Disclaimer: This site is following COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawaii State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities.
Rather than an in-depth lomilomi training, this is a stand-alone event for you to enjoy on a single day.
Lomilomi, like all forms of healing, is an unfolding process of many steps. This approach to lomilomi focuses on settling the nervous system and integrating all parts of the body into one. Drawing on lessons of hula and lei making, students weave lomilomi massage techniques into a tailored treatment that addresses body, mind, and spirit.
- The activity is led by kumu hula, Malia Helela, traditionally trained hula instructor, lomilomi practitioner and cultural advisor
- This activity can be offered with live simultaneous translation to Japanese. Please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this service. Additional cost applies.
- Discover a new perspective through the eyes of a traditional healer and cultural practitioner
- Learn about the historical highlights and evolution of the Hawaiian traditional art of lomilomi
- Make connections between traditional & contemporary healing practices and their relation to overall health and well-being
- Experience a hula & self-care massage techniques
- This activity begins at a community based mindful movement center that has been offering multicultural classes, events and workshops for over 7 years, in the heart of Kaka’ako
Know Before You Join
- Suitable for children ages 14 and up
- Hands-on techniques encouraged and practiced
- Observation-only also possible if requested
- A portion of the proceeds from your ticket price is donated to travel2change and Ho Ola Na Pua
- Masks welcome