Disclaimer: This site is following COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawaii State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities.
Ancient wisdom for today’s leaders managing natural resources -Island style:
Living on the Earthʻs most isolated landmass, early Hawaiians adapted and thrived by managing their precious resources. This management style has at its core a traditional healing prayer that provides direction, bringing all aspects of life into alignment. Palena refers to land boundaries and participants are guided through establishing their own boundaries around business, projects and personal life. An easy walk to Ala Moana Beach Park, the activity will take place under the shade of a tree by the beach. In inclement weather, the activity will be led from one Still & Moving Center’s beautifully appointed studios.
This activity begins and ends at Still & Moving Center, 1024 Queen Street, Honolulu, a community based mindful movement Center that has been offering multicultural classes, events and workshops for over 8 years, in the heart of Kaka’ako.
This Activity Can Also Be Led Entirely Online Upon Request.
- The activity is led by kumu hula, Malia Helela, traditionally trained hula instructor, lomilomi practitioner and cultural adviser
- The activity can be offered w live simultaneous translation to Japanese upon request, Additional fees apply. contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Discover a new perspective of the area through the eyes of a traditional healer and cultural practitioner
- Make connections between traditional & contemporary management practices
- Learn about managing our precious natural resources & creating personal boundaries
- Experience a hula
Know Before You Join
- Suitable for children ages 14 and up
- Translation into Japanese available upon request
- A portion of the proceeds from your ticket price is donated to travel2change and Ho Ola Na Pua
- Walk approximately 1+ mile
- You must be able to be outdoors in potentially inclement weather for two (2) hours.
- You must fill out a waiver before attending, the link will be included in your confirmation email