Paddling a Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe, while learning aboutMālama Maui – care for our island’s land & ocean health, combines fun & stewardship in a way that will educate and enhance your journey as you visit our fragile island ecosystem.
- Paddle a Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe that carries six paddlers
- A private guide will lead you through the coral reefs and explain the wonders of our sea life
- Snorkel with a chance to view tropical fish, Honu (Hawaiian Sea Turtlesʻs), and maybe even a whale (in season)
- Sample reef safe sunscreen and learn about other ways to be environmentally friendly
- Learn first hand about our Environmental Stewardship – Community Service – Sense of Place, and how you can help
- Views may include Haleakala creator, the Makena and Wailea coast, Puu Olai, Molokini Crater, island of Lanai, Mauna Kahalawai and Kahoolawe island
- Canoes may launch from Po’olenalena, or Makena Landing near Turtle Town
- During Maui’s windy summer months, Turtle Town is usually protected from the wind
- A portion of the proceeds from this tour benefits Hawaiian nonprofits and charities including those mentioned in the Mālama Maui Campaign and travel2change
- Must be able to Swim and handle yourself in the ocean
- Release of Liability Waivers must be signed onsite.