Disclaimer: This site is following COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawaii State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities.
Maunalua Bay’s, is located on the south-east shore of Oahu in Hawaii Kai. The shallow shoreline is currently clogged with mud weeds that need to be removed. Join our Huki (Hawaiian for pull) events to help remove invasive alien algae from the bay at Paikō Beach while having fun as we appear to walk on water.
To date we’ve removed over 3 million pounds of algae and recycled it into rich soil for local farms. Your efforts are needed to clear over 1000 more plots we’ve identified to achieve our mission.
- Join a community Huki (Pull) to help remove mud weed clogging the shores.
- Enjoy picturesque views of Mauanalua Bay with famous Koko Head Crater and Hanauma bay the background.
- Continue the legacy of 10,000 volunteers, clearing 28 acres of bay, of 3.5 million pounds of invasive algae.
- Learn about ‘āina (landʻs) connection to Makai (ocean).
- Please contact Malama Maunalua to schedule a visit.
- Phone: (808) 395-5050
- Email: email@example.com
Know Before You Join
- Ability to perform sea-gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching.
- Able to stay on your feet for the entire 3+ hour duration of the activity.
- Walk for over a mile in beach sand and water.
- Work as a team in knee deep ocean water.