Seek shade in the fragrant surroundings of one of the most revered botanical gardens in the Pacific, located on the garden island of Kauai. Join us for re-potting plants, weeding in pots, and a bit of fertilizing in our comfortable nursery. You’re contributions germinate the seeds of our nursery’s mission to grow plants for restoration sites yielding the growth of our garden island’s gems that is Kauaí.
- Volunteer in the comforts of a controlled environment on Kauai Island
- Shade screens provide protection from the sun
- Ground is level gravel or concrete
- Most work is at ‘waist high’ work tables – there is limited bending/reaching/stretching
- You’re exposed to the heartbeat of our botanical garden’s conservation work
Know Before You Join
- Volunteers are required to have a vehicle that stays with them during their service day
- (no drop-offs or pickups).
- you will need your car or truck to drive yourself between service locations within the vast garden complex throughout the day
- your passengers and you will stay together with your vehicle at all times, no exceptions
- Ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching
- Note: this activity is located on Kauai island
- upon booking on this page, you will receive a conformation email with further instructions including the need to complete a short volunteer form prior to joining. Mahalo