Disclaimer: This site is following COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawaii State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities.
He’eia State Park on Kaneohe Bay is located on the windward side of O’ahu, known for its lush forests, beautiful beaches, and traditional island feel. Help us restore around He’eia State Park by reforesting native plants and removing invasive species that threaten the natural environment of this place. This fun & meaningful experience will give new insight into Hawaii’s fragile ecosystem and an opportunity to kayak and snorkel around the calm waters of the bay. With your help we can continue to restore and preserve the land directly affecting the environment in a positive way.
- Help restore the park for 2 hours.
- Paddling orientation given by certified instructors of Holokai Adventures.
- Self guided kayaking/snorkeling adventure in Kaneohe Bay.
- Kayaking/snorkeling for all skill levels including beginners.
- Kayaks are Malibu open-face kayaks and include backrest, anchors, life jacket, and paddles.
- C4 Stand-Up Paddle Boards available.
- All proceeds go to the nonprofit organizations Kama’aina Kids and travel2change.
- Kaneohe Bay is protected by Oahu’s only Barrier Reef, Sites include: Coconut Island (aka Gilligan’s Island), Kaneohe Sandbar, Key Hole, Patch Reefs and Sunken City.
- Holokai Adventures is a certified sustainable eco-tour operator recognized by the Hawaii EcoTourism Association Requirements.
- All Kama’aina Kids employees will be wearing masks and sanitizing their hands in-between customers.
- There will be hand cleaning stations (hand sanitizer dispensers and/or sinks) available to all guests.
- All rental equipment- snorkeling gear, dry bags, coolers, anchors, lifejackets, paddles- will be sanitized thoroughly after each use and not reused.
- All kayaks will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Kayak/Hobie Catamaran Rentals will have modified procedures that ensure proper sanitation and distancing procedures are maintained.
Know before you book
- Ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching.
- Must be able to swim and handle yourself in the ocean unassisted without guide or lifeguards.
- Signed waiver and release of liability must be agreed to and signed on site.