Disclaimer: This site is following COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawaii State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities.
Located on Oahu’s windward coast in quaint Kailua town (two-lagoons), is a beloved, popular neighborhood beach. Visitors combined with offshore sea-debris are negatively impacting the coastline of the fragile shores. Help our ongoing efforts by removing plastics, fishing nets, and other harmful materials with personal sand-sifters to help this natural environment thrive. Enjoy a local eatery’s lunch, then adventure out paddling in the turquoise waters to a nearby bird sanctuary island on kayak or stand-up-paddleboard. With your help, we can restore this stretch of coastline while setting an example for the future.
- 2½ hours on a Kayak or SUP (stand-up paddle board).
- Make a positive environmental impact to save Hawaii’s shoreline.
- Offshore island landing permits.
- Roller dolly provided to transport equipment to the beach.
- Self guided adventure to the island wildlife sanctuary in Kailua Bay.
- Limited round trip transportation to/from Waikiki*
*Waikiki hotel departure is between 8am-9am, return to Waikiki is approximately at 3:30pm-4:30pm.
- All guests are required to wear a face mask during their time inside of our shop and briefing spaces.
- Social distancing is incorporated into our operations. We also ask that guests work to maintain social distance of at least 6ft from other guests and our staff both in our shop, our briefing rooms, and as needed on the tour whenever possible.
- We are following the CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting our workplace. Hand sanitizer is provided in multiple stations situated at each entrance to our shop for both our employees and customers to use. Highly touched areas such as payment terminals are regularly cleaned after use. In addition, plexiglass barriers have been set up in our shop.
- Upon the return of rental water gear (such as kayaks and SUP’s), each piece of gear is sprayed down with a sanitizing solution and then sprayed down again with water. We also limit the use of a kayak to 1 customer per day. Lifejackets are allowed to dry completely before being washed after each use the following day.
- We are no longer renting mask & snorkel gear out to our customers.
- We are limiting the amount of people in our store to a maximum of 10. In addition, for groups that are 10 people or larger, they are being broken down into smaller groups to limit the potential for community transmission. We are also recommending for people to book private tours if they have additional worries about group size or limiting community contact.
Know Before You Join
- Must be able to swim and handle yourself in the ocean.
- Participation in a 45-minute cleanup session.
- Signed agreement to all waiver & liability releases.
- Some proceeds from the price you pay for this tour are donated back to travel2change and other Hawaii charities.
- Ages 13 and up recommend (regardless of age, all pay full program price).