Venture into nature’s extreme at Oahu’s westernmost point where fossilized coral reefs give way to numerous tide pools and exotic birds. Join us in restoring native vegetation amid a rare coastal sand dune flanked by diverse intertidal flora and fauna. Welcome to the Mokuleia environ of Ka‘ena Point State Park and Kaena Point Guided Hike & Coastal Restoration
- restore a part of the island few get to see
- say ahoy to rare birds while surveying Oahu’s western tip
- experience the thunder of waves through a remote wilderness rich in natural diversity
- glimpse at a chance to see monk seals and albatross that are known to frequent the area
Know Before You Book
- must be able to stay on you feet for at least 2 hours without sitting
- ability to hike over uneven terrain
- ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching
- volunteers should be physically fit for strenuous activity
- Minimum age for participants is 12 yrs.
- Children ages 12-14 must have an adult accompany them for the duration of the trip.
- All must sign waiver (minors under 18 required have parent/guardian signature)
- use of herbicide and sharp tools in effect for all who join