Disclaimer: This site is following COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawaii State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities.
Discover the hidden gem of Hawaiian Horticulture at the lovely Lyon Arboretum located next to Mānoa Falls. A healthy native forest captures our island’s fresh water. However, invasive species are damaging Oahu’s unique native ecosystem of plants and animals. Join our effort to remove them before they spread and do more harm. Your help will contribute to the long term goal of eliminating these species from the island before they become a permanent problem.
- Learn about native floral and fauna
- Explore the hidden wonders of the botanical garden
- Remove non-native invasive species and help prevent damage to Oahu’s unique native ecosystem
- Work as a team in a line with compasses and tools to sweep the a section clear of particular invasive plants under the stewardship of an expert
- Hike nearby Mānoa Falls as a nice add on to your day
Know Before You Join
- Ability to perform physically strenuous activity including off-trail hiking and gardening tasks
- Minimum age is 12 years yet all participant must stay together and follow instructions
- No drop-ins; must sign up in advance using calendar link on this page