Join a scenic hike above Kāʻanapali and help preserve Honokowai Valley; the region’s most prolific, intact example of a native Hawaiian village. By clearing alien overgrowth, the rock walls and ancient artifacts become and remain visible. Along with your efforts, youʻll see the layout of the village—and feel the presence of its former inhabitants.
- Remove growth that’s invasive to the ecosystem
- Plant Hawaiian varietals
- Learn the history of the place that once included a native Hawaiian Village and its artifacts
- Visit a site on private land that few get to see
- Enjoy a sweeping view of west Maui’s from the pali hills in the coffee plantations above Kāʻanapall
- Ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching
- Must be able to hike and stay on your feet over uneven terrain and hike down an escarpment
- No early returns, you must join for the full duration of the activity and stay together with the group as you are on private land.
- Conditions are often hot and muddy