Participants of all ages will be encouraged to draw on lessons of hula, lei making, lomilomi, ceremony and Oli chanting to weave healing practices into a tailored treatment that addresses body, mind and spirit.
• The activity is led by Kumu Hula, Malia Helela, traditionally trained hula instructor, lomilomi practitioner and cultural adviser
• The activity can be offered with live simultaneous translation to Japanese upon request, Additional fees apply. contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
• Discover a new perspective of the area through the eyes of a traditional healer and cultural practitioner
• Engage in Hawaiian hula, the historical highlights and evolution of the Hawaiian healing arts, Olelo (language), lei making, chanting and self-massage healing techniques throughout the activity.
• A portion of the proceeds from your ticket price is donated to travel2change and Ho Ola Na Pua
Know Before You Join
• able to be outdoors in potentially inclement weather
• Completed Waiver Required
• Ages: Suitable for adults and children as young as 6.
• An easy walk to Ala Moana Beach Park, the activity will take place under the shade of a tree by the beach. In inclement weather, the activity will be led from one Still & Moving Center’s beautifully appointed studios.
• Duration: 75 minutes
• No Drop-Ins: please click on the calendar link above to Join