Find out why we are called the garden island by submerging yourself into the largest ex situ collection of native Hawaiian flora in existence. Join us as a conservation minded volunteer to aid in the care of our unique living collections of the McBryde Garden.
- Join hands behind the scenes of the greatest off-site conservation of native Hawaiian plants anywhere
- Aid alongside our horticulture staff to maintain our exhibits of tropical specimens
- Your help may include: trail maintenance, removal of invasive species, maintenance of display areas, contribute to overall plant care and health.
- Know that your volunteer service efforts contribute to the mission of the National Tropical Botanical Garden to enrich life through discovery, scientific research, conservation, and education by perpetuating the survival of plants, ecosystems, and cultural knowledge of tropical regions.
- You’ll be submerged in the living collections as an assistant to our McBryde Garden Horticulture staff – if hands on helping is what you’re seeking – this is the perfect choice.
- Ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching