Find out why we are called the garden island of Kauaí by submerging yourself into the largest ex-situ collection of native Hawaiian flora in existence. Join us as a conservation-minded volunteer to aid in the care of our unique living collections of the McBryde Garden, on Kauai island.
- Join hands behind the scenes of the greatest off-site conservation of native Hawaiian plants anywhere
- Aid alongside our Kauai island horticulture staff to maintain our exhibits of tropical specimens
- Your help may include: trail maintenance, removal of invasive species, maintenance of display areas, contribute to overall plant care and health.
- Know that your volunteer service efforts contribute to the mission of the National Tropical Botanical Garden to enrich life through discovery, scientific research, conservation, and education by perpetuating the survival of plants, ecosystems, and cultural knowledge of tropical regions.
- You’ll be submerged in the living collections as an assistant to our McBryde Garden Horticulture staff – if hands-on helping is what you’re seeking – this is a perfect choice.
Know Before You Join
- Volunteers are required to have a vehicle that stays with them during their service day
- (no drop-offs or pickups).
- you will need your car or truck to drive yourself between service locations within the vast garden complex throughout the day
- your passengers and you will stay together with your vehicle at all times, no exceptions
- Ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching
- Note: this activity is located on Kauai island
- upon booking on this page, you will receive a conformation email with further instructions including the need to complete a short volunteer form prior to joining. Mahalo