Disclaimer: This site is following COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawaii State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities.
Located near famous Kalapaki Beach in Lihue, on the Island of Kaua’i, lies a valiant slice of paradise where the Pūali Stream & Hulē’ia River are chocked by invasive grass and red mangrove. By joining forces, we are attacking the growth to clear some of the most valuable assets in our island’s lifestream. Welcome to Niumalu Beach Park where your efforts will ultimately help us replant the area with native vegetation.
- Join a community circle of island life from bay to river to pond by replacing harmful growth with nurturing vines
- Enjoy lunch provided, prepared by our aunties
- Learn about the park, wetlands, local wildlife, and an ancient Hawaiian fishpond
- Meet Kauai locals & learn our traditions
- Visit a part of the garden island of Kaua’i that few get to see
Know before You Join
- Ability to perform tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching
- Click the calendar date desired to register and receive all the detail prior to joining
- No Drop-In’s – Must join by clicking the calendar link on this page, Mahalo