Disclaimer: This site follows COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawai‘i State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities. Please check with your local provider as protocols may change.
The Olowalu Cultural Reserve on Maui’s west side, near Lahaina, welcomes you with ways to experience hands on native Hawaiian practices that foster our unique ecosystem while keeping our sacred traditions alive. Join us as we embrace cultural and environmental connectivity as an important step in a journey to manifest a great future for our keiki (children). Together we Mālama Hawaiian spirit, an experience you will forever cherish and remember.
- Restore a Hawaiian ecological landscape by removing invasive species and planting native one’s
- Learning about environmental challenges (climate change, water issues) and solutions
- Practice Cultural Protocol
- Restoring the archeoacoustics of the valley
Know Before You Join
- Wear Closed Toed Shoes
- Wear Shorts or Pants
- Wear Long-sleeve protection or short sleeve shirt and a Hat
- At least two liters of water • Light snack or fruits
- No Drop-in’s; please sign up using the calendar link above
- Group sizes have been limited to adhere to State and CDC guidelines
- Masks and social distancing may be required