There’s no better place for a green thumb than the garden island of Kauaí. Lend your love for horticulture to help us implement a new, global model in sustainable and regenerative agriculture.
- Cultivate a breadfruit agroforestry project on the island of Kauai
- Participate in a tropical agroforestry project from breadfruit, avocado, and cacao to zucchini
- See an alphabet of unique and nutritious sustainable crops
- Learn about agroforestry land use management techniques and growing technique benefits that you can apply to your home garden
- Know that your volunteer service efforts contribute to the mission of the National Tropical Botanical Garden to enrich life through discovery, scientific research, conservation, and education by perpetuating the survival of plants, ecosystems, and cultural knowledge of tropical regions.
Know Before You Join
- Volunteers are required to have a vehicle that stays with them during their service day
- (no drop-offs or pickups).
- you will need your car or truck to drive yourself between service locations within the vast garden complex throughout the day
- your passengers and you will stay together with your vehicle at all times, no exceptions
- Ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching
- please note: this activity is located on Kauai island
- upon booking on this page, you will receive a conformation email with further instructions including the need to complete a short volunteer form prior to joining. Mahalo