Kailua Beach Park with the Mokulua Islands just off shore and a small river dividing it from Lani Kai, is located on Oahu’s windward (east) side. You will be astonished by the amount of plastic that lies hidden in the sand. See for yourself. Join us for a fun day by the bay while helping clean one of the most awesome seaside locations on Oahu. We will provide “sand sifters” to remove plastic pollution that later becomes colorful art. Learn about this unique process and how you can prevent the demise of our oceans.
Afterwards, our bicycles, snorkel gear, boogie boards, and beach mats – all included in this offer – are there for your enjoyment. Make the most of it while making a difference. Fun, education, and relaxation, await you in famous Kailua Beach.
- Lunch included (Pizza or Hawaiian Plate Lunch)
- Round-trip transportation to/from Waikiki, included
- Bicycles, Snorkel gear, Boogie boards, and Beach Mats included
- Enjoy 4 hours for your activities on at your own pace
- Opportunity to upgrade to kayaking or stand up paddling activities
- Marine debris and microplastic that you collect will be used by local schools for art projects
- Bring back one pound of micro-plastic and earn a free hat
- Take advantage of a 10% Discount on any purchase items in our KBA Store
- Lockers, Changing Rooms & Showers – all included
- Shop is just a short walk to the beach
- pick up from your Waikiki hotel between 7:30am and 8:30am
- You’ll be back to your hotel by 3:30 pm
Know before your book:
- Clothes: wear items that can get dirty & wet
- Hydrations: bring your own refillable Water Bottle & Snacks
- Protection: hat, sunscreen, and insect repellent recommended.
- No drop-ins – all participants must sign-up in advance on travel2change.org (do not call).
- No age restrictions, but minors must be with a parent or guardian
- all participants and minors assume full responsibility and will sign a release of liability on site to participate