Come and help make ocean activities accessible and benefit military personnel and others with physical disabilities. This activity is for participants who are veterans with disabilities but for volunteers who are from any background.
- Meet and help those who served in the name of duty
- Help individuals with disabilities including children
- Experience the therapeutic beauty of the ocean
- Near Ko’olina Resorts (and Disney Aulani) in leeward Oahu
- Enjoy a day at the beach
Know before you book
- In order to take part in any water related activities, you must be able to swim and handle yourself in the ocean exercising safety first at all times with yourself and those you are assigned to
- You may also volunteer by doing non-water activities such as check-in, set-up, break-down, organizing equipment, and lifting individuals and watercraft into or out of the water, and communicating with others.
- Note: at times, this activity takes place in Waikiki on Ft. De Russy beach; after booking, confirm with organizer found in your confirmation notes
- AccesSurf follows strict public safety protocols due to COVID-19.
- All volunteers and participants must wear masks while on land and keep a physical distance of 6 feet.
- If assistance is required using a wheelchair, we require masks are worn until the water’s edge and the equipment disinfected after use.
- We request you not participate in any in-person event for the follow reasons:
If you have come in contact with anyone who has had symptoms or tested positive within the past 14 days regardless of whether personal protective equipment was utilized.