Disclaimer: This site is following COVID-19 protocols which are updated with the Hawaii State Department of Health and may restrict certain activities.
Located on Kauaí island in one of the most biodiverse regions of Hawaii, Limahuli is home to dozens of endangered plants and birds found nowhere else on earth. Your help is needed to support culturally-significant species thrive. For over 1,500 years, the Limahuli Valley has been an important settlement for Hawaiians. Today it is one of the last easily-accessible valleys with intact archaeological complexes, native forests, a pristine stream, and evidence of ancient inhabitants.
- See indigenous traditions alive on the island of Kauai
- Volunteer in an authentic Hawaiian garden
- Help support culturally-significant species thrive
- Visit an ancient ecosystem that connects nature, humanity, history and tradition
Know Before You Join
- Ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching
- Please note: this activity is located on the island of Kauai
- You must provide your own transportation
- Upon booking on this page, you will receive a conformation email with further instructions including the need to complete a short volunteer form prior to joining. Mahalo