Habitat for Humanity’s mission is to bring people together to build homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity Restores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sells new and gently used furniture, appliances, building materials and home accessories to the public. Habitat ReStores raise additional funds to support Habitat’s mission of eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide, and making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action.
Volunteering at Honolulu Habitat ReStore gives you an opportunity to be part of a mission to help families in need of owning simple, decent, affordable homes. Help support Habitat’s mission by volunteering for a few hours at the Honolulu Habitat ReStore.
– Experience a community that’s exemplary of the heart and soul of our local working class
– Apply your creative skills and produce a visible difference
– Create something new or restore an item back to life for resale in the ReStore
– Connect with people, meet new friends who share the goal of giving back to Hawai’i, and make a difference in our community
– Discover a unique souvenir in our discount warehouse- Build aloha and be embraced by its spirit
– Build aloha and be embraced by its spirit
– 14 years of age and older
– Must wear close-toed shoes
– After booking on Travel2Change.org, Habitat for Humanity volunteers must register on Volunteer Up! at https://honoluluhabitat.org/volunteering. If your desired volunteer shift is not yet opened on the Honolulu Habitat calendar, contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Ivan Orozco at firstname.lastname@example.org ; (808) 777-4137.