Welcome to an ancient Hawaiian Fishpond where invasive plant species have found their way into rivers, valleys and estuaries, encroaching on natural irrigation routes. Visit Hawaii’s majesty where Oahu’s most lush coast lands meet the sea, in breathtaking He’eia State Park. Help remove invasive plants and reforest with natives that aid in control of erosion, and filter stormwater runoff. The removed fauna will be chipped, composted and repurposed on site. Using the up-cycled organic material closes the loop and adds nutrients back into the earth.
- Work in view of a traditional Hawaiian fishpond
- Witness the beauty Kaneohe Bay
- Increase native Hawaiian plant habitat
- Remove invasive plants
- Get muddy!
- Participants under age 16 must have adult supervision
- Participants under the age of 18, attending without their parent or legal guardian must bring the signed waiver; all others will sign the waiver upon arrival