There’s no better place for a green thumb then the garden island of Hawaii. Lend your love for horticulture to help us implement a new, global model in sustainable and regenerative agriculture.
- Cultivate a breadfruit agroforestry project
- Participate in a tropical agroforestry project from breadfruit, avocado, and cacao to zucchini
- See an alphabet of unique and nutritious sustainable crops
- Learn about agroforestry land use management techniques and growing technique benefits that you can apply to your home garden
- Know that your volunteer service efforts contribute to the mission of the National Tropical Botanical Garden to enrich life through discovery, scientific research, conservation, and education by perpetuating the survival of plants, ecosystems, and cultural knowledge of tropical regions.
- ability to perform gardening tasks while bending, kneeling, lifting, and stretching